NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Sunday, December 4, 2011

"I want a hippopotamus for Christmas"


We are ready for Christmas at the Brian household!! Cade loves this time of year. He absolutely loves everything about Christmas..the lights, music, trees, inflatables, etc. He heard the "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas" song on the radio on the way to school this past week, and he laughed through the entire song. We also have the Griswold house right across the street from us which is Cade's favorite. They have everything up except inflatables..ha! (so many lights!)

I wanted to give some updates on him and let you all know about his upcoming surgery on the 15th.

Cade has been studying the planets at school this past week and informed Chris and I all about Pluto. He absolutely LOVES school! He also has been working with a speech therapist at school and is doing great. She has told me that Cade is such a hard worker and is making great strides.
He is also just now getting into watching sports on TV with Chris and I. He is already very competitive. He wants to know who is winning and gets VERY upset when his team is losing. He gets it honest.
He loves playing video games on my computer and is very tech savy for a 5 year old..Crazy how young they start!

As far as his eye is concerned, his vision has not improved, so we are back at step one with the patching. We patch we he gets home from school until bed time. He has done great with it. He is schedule for another surgery on December 15 at Vanderbilt Children's here in Nashville. Again, I cannot tell you how thankful we are for that place! Dr. Mawn and Dr. Singer will be working on his bottom eyelid. The procedure will be very similar to last year's procedure on the top eyelid.
We are praying now for no complications and no pain for Cade and for his heart. We know this will be a scary thing for him once again as he fears the hospital.

I will say that each time Cade has had to endure another procedure the Lord has given me such a peace. I am praying for that once again and that we would release our fear and worries knowing He is holding Cade in the palm of HIS hands.
Please continue to lift Cade up and the doctors on December 15th. Will post again after the procedure!

Love you all!!

No comments:

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!