NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

?????????????

Cade got through another successful surgery this morning. He was the first case this morning so we were in and out of surgery by 10. Chris and I spoke with both Dr. Holland and Nerad. They were not able to do everything as planned due to what is left of Cade's VM in his orbit area. We were somewhat surprised that there was enough left to hinder Dr.Nerad's part of the procedure, but we knew it was possible for it to return or it was left from the last surgery.
Dr. Holland successfully removed the scarring off the cornea and also separated some of the tissue from his eyelids. They did not have to take skin from his mouth and they did not have to put in a doughnut ring in his eye, which we were so thankful for! They were not able to put in the tear duct stint or mobilize the eye more than what it is now due to the VM. Both doctors were impressed by the complexity of Cade's VM and we talked for some time about a "long term plan." The good news is this VM will NOT affect his vision. It might be something he has for a while, but will not limit his visual access.
So what does this look like for Cade? Will he have more surgeries? When will we be through? Will this eventually be gone? The answers are not all quite clear to me now and I hope that we will have clarity in the months to come. I do know this: I know we will establish a long term plan once we return to Nashville. I know the Lord has led us to GREAT doctors. I know Cade is strong-we have thrown everything at him in 4 years and he has rolled with the punches! I know we serve a big God who is way bigger than all of this! I know He will continue to give us strength through it all!

Thank you to all of our family and friends for your continued prayers! We are thankful for the prayers of His people. My mom called me last night and told me we had friends in Japan, Mexico, and Peru praying for Cade! How cool is that?? We truly felt all of them! Thank you again!!

Right now, Cade is resting with his blanket, lion, bear, puppy, and some animal the hospital gave him--we are not sure what it is-HA! Safe to say, he is in good hands..

Love you All!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love You Sister
Tosha

Jennifer Anderson said...

I love you too!!

Keri said...

So glad to hear Cade is home and well. I know this has been such a trying to time for you all but you are right...God is bigger and He made Cade and formed him so He definitely has little Cade in His care! Love you girl! It's been too long! We definitely need to get together!

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!