NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Friday, June 4, 2010

Back to VCH..

We headed back to Vanderbilt Children's yesterday for Cade's MRI. He is having surgery in July so the doctors wanted to get a grasp on what they would be working with and how much of the VM is left in the orbit area. This is a routine procedure, but Cade's fear of the hospital never makes things so routine.
They gave him what we call "happy juice" to calm his nerves before they gave him his IV and it worked great. I would love to have some of that in a bottle here at the house at times! It always seems to make things a little bit more pleasant for him and his parents of course.
When he woke up in recovery he was ready to eat. They gave him teddy grahams and juice. He kept asking "can we go home now?" Because he wet himself earlier, they also gave him some Spiderman boxers that he has worn since we left the hospital..ha!
On the way home he kept saying,"they almost gave me a poke mommy.." So glad he didn't remember any of that!
He is doing great and was back to his old self by the time we got home yesterday. He is very excited, because today we are headed to Chattanooga to see Nana and Papa! That is all he has talked about since yesterday, so much so, he would not go to sleep last night! He loves to visit his Nana and Papa!!!

1 comment:

Presley Russell said...

Cade is so brave! I am sure you are very proud of him! He has been through so much! Keep encouraging him!! By the way, I LOVE the picture of Cade with the popsicle. ADORABLE!!!

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!