NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Sweet Summertime"

It is official, we are on summer break! Woo-Hoo!!! Sorry, haven't posted in a while, it has been quite busy the last few weeks of school as we were finishing up-reviewing for exams, making exams, and grading exams. Shuuuu..glad that is finally over!

This past week was Cade's last week of KidConnection. You all know how much I talk about Cade's best buddy Christopher and they truly are best friends. On Wednesday-which was the last day-Christopher's dad came to pick him up. I happened to be over there as well to pick up Cade. I watched the saddest thing..Cade had a complete meltdown when Christopher left. He cried, and cried, and cried. I had to reassure him that we would see Christopher some this summer! It was so sweet to watch, but also so sad.

Cade is really excited about the summer. He has always had to have some sort of schedule and plan for the day. He wants to know what we are doing every hour. So looks like I will have to make lesson plans for Cade for the week-HA! So after the meltdown at school we talked about the summer. His words to me on the way home: "mommy, it's summer now, and we can plant flowers and watch them grow, and go to the beach house, and play in the elephant sprinkler.." Of course in his own lingo. So cute! He can't wait to go to the beach house and we can't either. Let's just hope we aren't swimming in oil!!!

Usually in the summer we try to have some things done to his eye. It is the best time since Chris and I are not working and can stay home with him as he recovers. This summer is no exception. So we are asking once again for your prayers this summer for Cade. Here is his schedule for the next few months: June 3rd- MRI of brain and orbit, July 14th-Ohio to check his eye pressure, and July 22nd-Removal of more of the VM off the eyelids. In all of these procedures he will be put to sleep and this has usually been the hardest part for Cade-the IV's beforehand. The July 22nd procedure will be a big procedure to remove the remainder of the VM from top and bottom eyelids. Dr. Mawn and Dr. Mericle will both be involved in this procedure. The last surgery he had with them lasted for 7 hours. We are very thankful that they are both here in Nashville.

As with all of these surgeries, we are praying for both Cade and his doctors. As I was reminded this week in my book "Power of A Praying Parent" we are reading in my community group, the Bible is filled with healing promises. He heals but He also heals through doctors! That is where my prayers have been for Cade since we learned that this was more complex than what we thought. That He would just heal Cade and take away whatever is left of this VM! We are asking that He would touch him with His healing power and to restore him to total health! We are also so grateful as Isaiah 53:5 says that "through His stripes we are healed!" Another verse that I found this week that I love is also from the book of Isaiah. It says "Your light shall break forth like the morning, your healing shall spring forth speedily, and your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard." (Is. 58:8)
I am so thankful for the many healing promises found in scripture!
Will try to keep you all updated on all our fun this summer! Happy Summer everyone!

No comments:

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!