NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Another Turn In Our Journey


It is going on almost three years now as we have walked this journey with Cade trying to get this lesion removed from his eye.  Right now it seems as we have hit a road block..so to speak..Because of the complexity of Cade's lesion and its' location it has taken us a little longer than what we had expected.  His doctor here in Nashville has been very honest with us and patient as she is trying to make sure the procedure to be used will work and not do any more damage.. in giving us this information, she is very concerned about doing the procedure herself because of the bleeding and informed us that we should travel to Canada to have the procedure done.  That is not the route we our wanting to take, so we have decided that we will have Dr. Fay-his doctor in NYC-who has operated on Cade twice- finish up with the remainder of his surgeries. (we are still waiting to find out if this procedure will work) 

In saying all this, there is so much that has to be done before we make the trip back to NYC, but not alot of time as this lesion grows. There are some scheduling issues that have to be resolved with Dr. Fay and the neurologist in NYC  before we start scheduling flights and such.. 
There is so much that is not in my control and it has been so difficult for me.  I want to know exactly what will be done, when will it be done, what will be the outcome for Cade, will his eye be blue forever, I could go on and on....I know that the Lord is teaching me that I need to just let go and let Him work, but it is so hard..especially when it is your child. I feel like Job sometimes, even though I have not been through half of what he went through... and after his friends question Job about his sufferings, and then Job questions God.. He responds that all you need to know is to TRUST me. Maybe this is what the Lord is trying to teach me--to start exercising my "trust muscles." (Sarah Young quote)

Cade has another CT scan tomorrow-Nov 10. As he continues to get older these procedures seem to get a little bit more difficult for him..  Pray that he isn't scared and that this procedure will be helpful for all of our doctors in treating Cade. Thank you for all your prayers and  for holding our hands through it all!  We are so grateful!  Time to exercise those muscles--you know, the "trust" ones.
Not worthy, but HIS

4 comments:

Caleb and Ace said...

Carlee, I can't even imagine what it must feel like seeing your child having to go through all of this. Cade is a very lucky little boy to have parents that love him and take such good care of him the way that you and Chris do. We will be praying for all three of you and if you need anything please know that we are always here.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

Your faith has always been strong and you will continue to follow Christ and when your need for control takes over you will rest in Him ... This is your heart ... Since the day I meet you your faith has inspired me ...

Love You (and Chris even though he drives me crazy) and Cade !!! Always praying ...

papa marcum said...

Cade( The Warrior)has my heart, prayers and trust in our Lord will keep Cade and substain all of us. we are praying that God will touch Cade and remove the liason.
Always in my prayers for all of you," he is our help and our shield" Ps33:20b
PAPA

grandma said...

grandma said...carlee iknow exactly how you are feeling.as a mom you want only the best for your children.i know that with GODS GRACE He will make it possible to give you and chris the peace yall need to know what to do.Cade is so blessed to have you and chris as his parents.you know Cade is my precious and you all are always in our thoughts and prayers.Hes our little warrior and i know God has wonderful things for Cade.GOD is the ultimate physician.we are always here for yall.we love yall and cant wait to be with yall again.love mom..grandma..go longhorns...

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!