NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Down by the river...






So I try to find some different things for Cade and I to do together once Chris starts football in July. We live very close the Harpeth River and live about 5 minutes from a park that leads you to the river. We have passed this park many times and often wondered what it was all about.. it certainly didn't look like a park.
Well, I got a little adventurous one day and decided to take Cade to see what this park was all about. We walked a little while and it led us to a shallow place on the Harpeth with lots of rocks.
We ended up spending about 40 minutes down there. Cade threw small and big rocks, but he kept wanting to pick up the bigger rocks of course. We walked down the river some as well and continued our fun. I tried to perfect my "skipping rocks" skills, but could only get two skips.
I decided the next time we would visit the river we would ask Cade's buddies next door-Caleb and Ace. He absolutely adores the two of them and loves being with them. Jennifer was the wise one and brought along her camera to take some of these pics.
Love them! They definitely had fun at the Harpeth!
Sometimes I wonder if God made rivers, creeks, and other types of water, not just for our pleasure as adults to gaze at His beauty, but for little boys who just want to have fun throwing rocks. Thank you Lord for these small wonders that bring so much pleasure to children!

2 comments:

andrea said...

awesome pics!!
looks like a fun day..now my bren would have been all up in that water:)

Anonymous said...

I Love these pictures! What special memories. I miss my boys being little and wish I could just put them in my car and take them to skip rocks. You are an awesome mom. Cherish every moment.
Love you
Tosha

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!