NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Friday, July 10, 2009

Making our house a Home

During the summer Chris really only has about 2 weeks off. He has football workouts every morning and then it all begins the second week of July, so we spend one of those weeks at the beach as you saw in my previous post. The second week we both decided we wanted to do some things to the house. We have been in our house a year and still had not decorated our walls. There were just a few extra things we wanted to do. The first thing we did was paint our bathroom. I love the color! We replaced the old brass light fixtures in our bedroom and bathroom. That made a huge difference. Chris was trying to be such a handy man-I do have to give him props-he tried to install our vanity light for about 4 hours and finally had to ask someone to come do it. He really tried and was so mad he couldn't get it to work. He kept saying, "nothing can be easy, can it?" I tried to hold my tongue and encourage, but he kept pressing hard to get it done. (btw, it took our friend 10 minutes to install the light..hee-hee)

Anyway, the next day my friend and I took an excursion to Old Time Pottery! Wow, love that store. We found many things for our walls, many prints, and many canvas prints. I absolutely loved everything she picked out!! She not only picked out some beautiful pieces, but she helped me place them in our living room and bathroom once we got home! So thankful that a decorator lives next door and a great friend as well!!

I am so blessed to have this wonderful home the Lord gave to us and thankful that it now feels like a home as well!!

1 comment:

andrea said...

um carlee we need some pics of the makeover:)

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!