NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Heaven and Such

So since my middle school volleyball season ended, Cade and I have had some great time together and many conversations. He has asked me everyday if I have "bolleyball today" and when I tell him no, he says "yeah!" He loves coming straight home everyday and not having to stay longer at school. He just wants to play at his house with his friends. Can't say that I blame him.
So this week while we were playing in his room, for some reason we started talking about Heaven. I asked Cade where he lived, trying to get him to remember his address, but he insisted that he lived in Heaven with Jesus. I then asked him how do we get to Heaven. His reply confused me until I later realized what he was trying to tell me....and it was Priceless! So this is what he told me. He said he was going to Heaven with mommy, daddy, his teachers, his friends, and a rope. A rope? My first thought was, what were his teachers telling him at school and at church? Surely they haven't been telling him you climb a rope to get to Heaven....if that was the case I would NEVER make it. So then I began to put two and two together.
At school, when the class leaves the building to go to the gym, or outside, the teachers have a colored rope that each of the kids hold on to on each side, so they don't stray. It is a tool used to keep up with the kids and keep them in a line. So Cade thought that is how he would get to Heaven...holding his rope in a line with his friends, teachers, and of course mommy and daddy. HILARIOUS!!!!! I love having conversations with him and love to see how much his imagination is growing each day. I am amazed at Cade each day. He has an unbelievable memory! I am so proud of the little man he is becoming each day. Love you bubba!

2 comments:

Tootle Family said...

What a great story! So precious and sweet, and I love that he knows about Jesus and heaven! Precious.

Anonymous said...

Awww! Love hearing stories about Cade!
just so you know... i am proud of you for posting about the vb team! :)

Presley

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!