NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History in the making!

Being a government teacher, I was super excited today about being a part of history.. It makes me think back to the times when African-Americans were discriminated against in regards to many things inlcuding the right to vote. Today we witnessed someone take the oath of office that many years ago would probably have been kicked out of a restaurant due to the color of his skin. Many of us don't agree with his ideologies, his plans for America, and many other things, but this was the day to put all of that aside and witness history in the making. I can just picture one of President Obama's little girls sitting at his desk in the Oval office, feet dangling in the chair as she finishes her homework. She sits behind the same desk that Lincoln sat behind when he signed the Emancipation Proclamation-a freeing of the slaves..Just picture that.. Many African-Americans have been interviewed in the past few days leading up to the inauguration and most of them have said that yes, they had dreams and goals growing up, but becoming President was never an option..until 2008! This is obviously an historic day, and even though I don't agree with President Obama, it was amazing to witness today's events. He will face many challenges in the upcoming days. I pray that the Lord will give him wisdom and direction as he leads this great nation! Thank you Lord for the privilege to live in a great country and may we be on our knees for our new President, Barack H. Obama!

No comments:

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!