NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Small Reminders..

There are often times when I am so overwhelmed and my thoughts cloudy about what Cade has to go through in the next few weeks, that I forget God's goodness. Today I was reminded through the face of another child, one that is a year younger than Cade, who has a disease that will eventually take his life as a child. I watched as his mom walked behind him carrying his oxygen tank. I watched him as he happily walked the halls with his backpack on his shoulders, carrying his food that is fed to him through a tube.. (he cannot eat or drink or swallow), eating a sucker.. He was so joyful and full of life. These are small reminders to me that our God is bigger than any disease and any malformation, and that I am thankful that Cade just has to deal with some minor issues(when you compare it to disease). God is good. My heart is so heavy for that mom, but I know the Lord will prepare her for things to come.. This is not the first time I have been reminded of these facts, but the Lord always seems to know when I am considering having to walk over the mountain, when all along He will move the mountain if I will just let him.. Love you Jesus and thank you for small reminders!

3 comments:

papa marcum said...

Thank You Jesus for your touch, you touch all of us in ways we do not always understand. If we understood all the touches you would not be God.
We praise you for Cade,Carlee, and Chris, We look forard to the supernatural touch for Cade!
Dad

Ms. Woodham said...

carlee, this is angela herring/woodham. how ironic...i stumbled across your blog as i was blogging on my kindergarten page for the day. your little guy has been in my prayers for the past couple of weeks. (your mom sent your prayer request out, and sara jo told me.) he is also on our church prayer list. i hope all is well with you. cade is too cute!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

wow,great post and such a great anaology of how God meets us where we are to hold our hands as we travel over the mountains in our life ... love you always and will be covering Cade in prayer !!!

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!