NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Recommended Reading


I have just finished reading a book by one of my favorite authors-Max Lucado.  I have always loved the way he writes. His books really challenge me in my faith and encourage me at the same time. In his latest book "Cast of Characters" he takes a look at some of the common characters found in Scripture, all of whom were human and had imperfections as we do, and shows us God's redeeming story in their lives.  Of all his books that I have read, I have enjoyed this one the most and intend to read it again.  You can also access his website to download webcasts, daily devotionals, book excerpts, etc.  I think it is called UpWords Ministry. The website is www.maxlucado.com.  
Here is an exerpt from the back of the book:
"COMMON PEOPLE....Story after story marked by scandal, stumble, and intrigue. Who are these people? They're the people of the Bible. And they're us. We find our stories in theirs. We find our hope where they find theirs. In the hands of an UNCOMMON GOD."
"In the midst of them all... hovering over them all...is the hero of it all: God. Maker. Shaper. Rescuer of sinking hearts. God. Passing out high callings, second chances, and moral compasses to all comers and takers. If God can find a place for them... He might have a place for us too." 

1 comment:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

you should do a weekly post on each chapter ... you know i don't have time to read it, but you could make it like a devo for me ...

love ya ... had a blast friday !!!

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!