NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Conversations, Tantrums, and Grace

My daily routine includes taking and picking up Cade from school everyday. On most days he has just awakened from his nap, so he is somewhat cranky. We walk back to my classroom and I proceed to fulfill his needs with a snack of his choice. Sometimes what I have brought from home does not seem to meet his need and it develops into a 3 year old tantrum. So I have to make an intelligent choice every morning before we leave for school and predict a snack that he is going to want. If I fail, it can make the rest of that afternoon miserable. Yes, this is terrible, due to the fact that there are millions of children everywhere all over the world that would be completely satisfied with just a piece of bread, but he is 3 and he doesn't grasp that concept yet.
So here is my story from yesterday. We get back to my classroom and I have a feeling it is going to be one of those days because Cade is clingy for some reason. I have to hold him in my chair as I proceed to work and finish out the day. As I begin to pack up and head home he demands that I carry him to the car. I have three bags that I have to carry, so I deny his request and proceed to the car. He throws the biggest tantrum all the way to the car..did I mention that the lower school was getting out and parents were in the pick up line in the parking lot as I dragged Cade to the car screaming! By this time he is literally hanging off my leg. I get him in the car and decided to discipline him. He then threw his paci and his bear which are "must have's" while in the car. So I decided that since he threw them he would not get them back. So Cade cried for about 20 more minutes and I finally gave him his paci and bear back.
I tell you this story for this reason. A few minutes after he had his essentials back, he asks, "mommy, you wuv me?" "mommy you wuv me still?" My heart just melted. Those words made everything that occurred in the last 25 minutes forgettable.
Grace- what is given when it is not deserved. I feel that is what I offered him at that moment, but I know as a 3 year old there will be many times where I won't be able to offer much grace.
I sit in awe of the amount of grace that has been given to me over the years by my heavenly Father. There have been days that He has listened to my "tantrums" and still offered his amazing grace, and the best part about it is, that He does "wuv" us still!!
I still need these small reminders!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing mom and don't you forget it!!!! Thanks for sharing.
Love ya sis,
Tosha

Gwen Oatsvall said...

love the new header ... you are a fabulous mom and i admire all you do w/ working, being a parent, and wife ... I think I might have had a tantrum yesterday also and thankfully the FATHER showed me some grace ...

love ya

Anonymous said...

That is precious! What a great reminder of God's love and grace for us. I am so undeserving!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that post was from Keri. I didn't sign my name. :)

andrea said...

ah carlee..this post made me teary!!
thank God for grace! cade sounds oh so very precious==

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!