NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Friday, June 19, 2009

Growing up....


paci is gone!











beating mommy at chuck e cheese














shooting hoops with daddy..he's a lefty!





So this was a very big week in the Brian household. We knew coming back from Texas that we had some work to do with Cade-potty training and getting rid of the paci. I was not looking forward to either one, but was very surprised by our big boy! Last week we began potty training and Cade did great. He has always been one who hates a mess, so everytime he had an accident, he hated it because he hated being wet! Awesome! So from then on, he used the potty every time he felt his "pee-pee coming." That is what he tells us now. So cute and he has done great! Chris decided that he was going to take Cade to Chuck E Cheeses if he pooped in the potty. We both knew that it might take a while for him to do that, but Cade had other plans. It took him one day to poop in the potty and he is on the road to being completely potty trained. NO, we are not taking him to Chuck E Cheeses every time he poops, but I did assemble a surprise box filled with little things from the Dollar store and that has worked pretty well. (thanks Jennifer for the idea)

The other agenda for the summer was Operation Paci...getting rid of our lifesaver. Man, I think this one was more hard for Chris and I than for Cade. It took one day of sleeping without it and paci was gone forever. I thought it would be alot harder, but once again Cade amazed us. He has not even asked for it and is so proud that he tells everyone he doesn't have his paci anymore.

All of this is wonderful, but I was somewhat sad that this all ocurred so quickly. My little boy is no longer a little boy and he is growing up so fast. Tears come to my eyes when I think that I no longer will be changing his diapers or seeing him sleep with his paci. Don't get me wrong, so thankful for not having to buy pullups anymore, but a little sad..

I know this is all part of life and I am so thankful the Lord gave us a healthy little boy who loves playing cars, riding his truck, throwing the frisbee, playing golf, wrestling-W.W.E. style, and many other things. We are so proud of you Cade and all that you have accomplished this week! You are so grown!! We love you!!

2 comments:

Tootle Family said...

Nice work MOm!!!!! I'm not looking forward to the potty training. i'll probably be emailing you for tips!

My Alterknit Identity said...

I'm jonesin' for more news - when ya gonna post again?

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!