NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Monday, July 26, 2010

Recovery Period



Well, we have been home since Friday. We were so glad that we were able to go home! The discharging from the hospital was not so great. Cade had several things that needed to be removed before we left and they were all taped/glued to his skin. So that part was not fun. Other than that we have been home recovering. Chris' mom is in town and she has been so helpful!

We have run into a few setbacks while at home. Cade's eye has been bleeding since surgery, not profusely, but just bleeding. The patch over his eye became quite full yesterday so we had to visit the doctor today. The bleeding was running some, so we needed to get the patch changed. It was not a very pleasant visit to say the least. At this point, Cade is DONE! He is sooooo DONE WITH EVERYTHING...DOCTORS, HOSPITALS, TAPE, IV'S, ETC. So it was very traumatic for him to be held down today as they removed the patch and worked on him in the office.

I say all this for you to lift him up in your prayers. If the bleeding does not stop by Thursday of this week, they will have to go back in via surgery to stop the bleeding. This momma cannot take another surgery right now. So we are consistently praying that the Lord will intervene and stop the bleeding.

You know I have heard growing up in church "the Lord will never give you more than you can handle.." You know what, I don't believe that one bit. I believe He does give us more than we can handle because it is at that point that we need HIM the most and at that point we draw closer to HIM! It is during that time that we can find strength in HIM and find rest in HIM. I heard a song on the radio this week that pretty much sums up my feelings in the last few days, "when my strength is gone, You are mighty and strong, You keep holding, keep holding on!" It is in HIS presence that I find rest and strength! I will continue to cling to that fact and trust that HE is the GREAT PHYSICIAN!!

3 comments:

Allie Carpenter said...

Oh Carlee, I am so sorry that he has to go through this! I will be praying for him! I hope you find comfort and peace!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Chris and Carlee... this is the first time I've been able to connect to your blog and now that I have, I will be able to keep up with you a little bit better. God bless you two... you have gone through so much but I'm so thankful you have our Lord to meet every need you have and as our strength weakens, HE is there to give you HIS strength... Praise the Lord... We're continuing to pray for Cade's complete recovery and for the new Grace needed in your lives.. Have you ever heard the song "NEW GRACE"? It is such a blessing... In essence it says that HE WILL GIVE YOU GRACE THAT YOU HAVE NEVER NEEDED BEFORE"... God is so good to us and never leaves us "out there" to face problems alone... Mamaw

Anonymous said...

Dearest Chris and Carlee... this is the first time I've been able to connect to your blog and now that I have, I will be able to keep up with you a little bit better. God bless you two... you have gone through so much but I'm so thankful you have our Lord to meet every need you have and as our strength weakens, HE is there to give you HIS strength... Praise the Lord... We're continuing to pray for Cade's complete recovery and for the new Grace needed in your lives.. Have you ever heard the song "NEW GRACE"? It is such a blessing... In essence it says that HE WILL GIVE YOU GRACE THAT YOU HAVE NEVER NEEDED BEFORE"... God is so good to us and never leaves us "out there" to face problems alone... Mamaw

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!