NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Update on Cade

It is 11:40 and our "warrior" is sleeping very peacefully in the intensive care unit. The surgery was very successful and we are VERY thankful for all of your prayers. Cade was scheduled to have surgery today at 1:45, but because of a backup in the O.R. he did not go into surgery until 4. Keep in mind he was not allowed to eat all day. Our little man did not mention food or drink all day! That is unbelievable to me, but so God!!
He took it like a strong little boy and we are amazed at the strength the Lord gave him!!
They were able to remove a good portion of the malformation from his eyelids. According to the doctors Cade now has what they call an AVM-arterial venous malformation. There is not much difference in how it has to be treated, but it just means that there are artery components as well as veins. The MRI showed that the flow of this AVM has changed and now leads into the lid area which is why it has been so bulky in the last few months. The good news is that it is flowing toward the eyelids and not the brain!! Praises!!!
There are many other technical pieces to the operation which I won't divulge, just because I am not sure what all the terminology actually means right now, and it's 12:00 and I am just pooped!
Thank ya'll for all of your prayers!! We are very thankful for each and everyone one of you!!!
Soli Deo Gloria!!!

No comments:

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!