NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Friday, February 6, 2009

We are home and with a grateful heart!

We finally were able to leave the hospital yesterday around 4:30.. Cade was so ready to leave. He kept eating and wanting something to drink because he knew that is what the doctors wanted to see before they discharged us.. I do have to say he is just like his mommy... The first thing he ate was a whole bag of Lays potato chips and then some Cheetos.. He had a good night last night and woke up only twice.. so thankful for that.
Today he has been up and playing just as if nothing has occurred. Man, do kids bounce back fast! He has been playing with Nana all morning and he had his favorite meal for lunch-McDonalds. The eye is still pretty swollen and I call him our little "Rocky Balboa." I do think his pain is subsiding some.. He is just doing so well..Praise Jesus!

I want to thank all of you who have called, emailed, texted, or even visited us while waiting for Cade's surgery.
Thank you to my girls at CPA, who brought me cookies, snacks, sweet cards, and a puppy for Cade. He loved it!
Thank you Tasha for all of your texts throughout the day that brought encouragement and laughter when I needed it.
Thank you Mrs. P for your sweet words and for the awesome soup you sent us.
Thank you to the PSF of CPA for the wonderful poundcake and Starbucks giftcard.
Thank you Jennifer for your friendship, for taking time out of your day to just sit with me as Cade was in surgery, and for the magazines that kept me pre-occupied. You are a jewel and I am so grateful the Lord sent you to me. Sweet Caleb(Jennifer's son, he is 4), thank you for your card that you made for Cade and your tender heart. He loves you so much!
Thank you Christie Bowen and Pat Perry for the meal you brought last night.. it was Great!
Thank you mom and dad for your unconditional love and for taking care of Chris and I. I know this is sometimes hard for you to watch Cade go through, but he would have been a mess if you were not there. Thank you for cleaning the house and all the little extra things you do..like keeping me together through it all. I love you!
Thank you Chris for loving me even though I get crazy in hospitals. Thank you for your strength and for all that you do for our family. Cade and I are so blessed to have a husband and father like you.
Thank you ,our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for holding our hands through the difficult times and for healing our Cade. Thank you for Cade' doctors and for the successful surgery. Thank you for VCH. Thank you that you are still the same God you were yesterday, today and forever! Thank you for you faithfulness. Thank you for moving mountains and that you are mighty to save! We love you!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hey Carlee! Just found your blog. So glad to hear about little Cade's surgery going well and hope he will recover quickly! I didn't know Cora's story had "gotten out." My sisters went to college with her family. Carrianna flew to Kansas Friday night to be with them. She called early this morning to give the sad news. But, you are right! We serve an awesome God. I hope your family is doing great!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

thankful you are home ...

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!