NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Thursday, February 12, 2009

What a Week!!!


Well, after I wrote my last post about Cade's eye not bleeding on Tuesday, we had crazy night. Chris was on his way home and Cade and I were at home. Cade'e eye began to bleed very badly, and it was not stopping! I didn't know what to do, so I called Chris and he told me to call 911, but at the time didn't think it was that urgent. So, I called my neighbor Jennifer and she quickly came over to help with the bleeding. After a few minutes we called our other neighbor who is a paramedic. By the time he got here, Cade's eye had stopped bleeding and he was playing in our neighbor's paramedic bag. From a mom standpoint, anytime you see your child bleed profusely it is going to be very traumatic..we are talking a few towels.Cade was crying, but only because the blood was making a mess and all over his shirt.(he does not like to be messy at all!) I then phoned Dr. Mawn's cell and told her we are taking Cade to the ER, she advised we do same thing so that they could check his blood count and levels.
After about 4 hours in the ER they told us his blood count was great, even better than last week, and did not know why the eye was bleeding. The doctor told us maybe he scratched it or bumped it, but he didn't. We were right there with him every time it bled. (by the way this last bleed made it 3 times now) Chris and I left very frustrated and I wanted to call Dr. Mawn, but instead sent her an email the following day expressing my concern, could this happen during the night, what is causing it to bleed, was something not closed during surgery?

We got a phone call yesterday from Dr. Mawn wanting us to see her around 1:30.. So we took Cade back to VCH (3rd trip in 3 days) Dr. Mawn put a pressure patch on his eye that is to make the blod stop or clot and if it bleeds again we are to take him back to the ER. The patch is glued to his face, so no way is it coming off until Monday.
We felt so much better after talking with Dr. Mawn yesterday and hope that the bleeding has stopped. She did give us some ideas of what could be the cause of the bleeding, but not real sure.

My emotions have been so up and down.. hopeless, frustrated, hopeful and encouraged-all in one day. When we got home Tuesday night, I read my book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young for Tuesday-such an awesome devo! The first line of the paragraph said,"My peace is like a shaft of golden light shining on you continuously." Peace, didn't know what that was in the past 24 hours, but the Lord always seems to remind me when I needed it most. The last sentence of the devotion read, "Do not grow weary, or lose heart."
Just as my spirit began to be rattled, just as my focus turned to negativity, just as the events of the day made me angry-I heard God speak to me "do not grow weary, or lose heart, I am training you to practice peace that overpowers darkness." Thank you Jesus for reminders and thank you that when I am weak YOU are strong. Help me to "delight myself in You so that You will give me the desires of my heart." (psalm 37:4)
(p.s. i took this picture right after he woke up from his nap..can you tell he is so annoyed with the patch already? can you blame him? that thing is huge!)

2 comments:

andrea said...

carlee thank you for sharing your heart!!
cade is soo stinking cute!!
i loved that Jesus calling devo!!

ok who we kidding I love every single devotion in that book!!
what a blessing that has been to me!

continuing to pray for cade's eye!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

PEACE is a tricky thing ... I am sure it does come and go w/ all you have been through w/ cade ... Just know so many are praying for Cade and you guys ... Love Ya ..I do love my JC book ... You gotta get Crazy Love by Francis Chan .. It will take you deeper ...

JO prayed last night for Cade during his prayer time ... Oh the faith that comes from a child ...

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!