NOT WORTHY, BUT HIS

"Have I not commanded you be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.."
Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sisters Make Me Laugh


(the pic is from one of our trips to the beach..before we had kids..can't you tell?)


I know I don't post much about my extended family, but thought I might share how much I love my mom and sister. My mom is the funniest person I know.. She makes me laugh so much even when I don't want to. She is a great writer and very talented. Her church has asked her on numerous occasions to write skits for them.. Of course it is always a comedy, and very funny! She loves it, and she does a great job!
She has always given me advice when I needed it or didn't ask for it. -hee-hee She is always there for me and I am so thankful for all that she has done for me. I know I tease her all the time about the way she and dad raised me and the things they made me do or ways they threatened me, but I am thankful for all of it. (playing bball in sweatpants,taking the radio out of my car, etc.) It has shaped my life and I will never forget any of it. The times at the beach are some of my fondest memories. We have a blast and we often get mom laughing on numerous occasions.. When this happens, it is over. Her shoulders get to bouncing and you know it is over.. she is tickled and she might have to make a run for the bathroom.. So funny! We love to watch her laugh..it even makes us laugh even harder! Love you mom.. You are my best friend and I am so thankful for you!
My sister is funny as well, but very driven. She is a multi-tasker at best, which makes me jealous sometimes. She has alot going on in her life, but you would never know it. I don't get to see her that often, but I do miss spending time with her. We laugh so much when we are together and it is usually about something mom said. Hillary is a gently spirit with a servant's heart and would do anything in the world for you. There were many times growing up that she took the brunt of many things without saying a word. That was Hillary. I am so thankful for her and for what she teaches me about quiet strength. She has been through quite a bit, but one thing that has never changed is her love for her Jesus and her family. I love you Hill and thankful you are my sister forever!

4 comments:

andrea said...

carlee

i love your post!!
and i soo agree with what you said about your mama and about hil's strength!!

the pic made me smile!

Anonymous said...

Please make me cry a little harder! Carlee, I love you and I am so glad that you are my sister. I remember those nights when I had to scratch your back in order to borrow a shirt that I would inevitably get a stain on at school. Or the times I had to break up a fight between you and Caleb when mom and dad weren't around. HA!!
Your post was the sweetest thing I think you have ever said about me, and I am so touched that you view me in that way. Okay, I can't see what I am typing here. I love you, sis!

suzanne said...

they are both amazing women !!! your family is truly one of kind w/ the way you love and support each other!

love ya bunches ..

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful the Lord, in his wisdom gave you and Hillary to me...You are both so totally different but much the same in the way you love the Lord, the way you love your families and friends!! Your dad and I are so proud of you!..and the awesome women of God you have become!!! I'm so thankful that we are now friends...Thank you for the sweet words ...we have had some wonderful "laughing" moments and I hope they continue for many years!!! I love you - Mom

Daddy and ME

Daddy and ME
I love my Daddy!


Vascular Birthmark Foundation

Vascular Birthmark Foundation
"Birthmark Buddy"

Little Longhorn!

Little Longhorn!
Hook Em' Horns

Followers

About Me

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
I am a working mom who has the most amazing and supportive husband and the best kid in the world, who melts my heart everyday! I am a child of the King and thankful for my salvation!

ALABAMA GIRL

ALABAMA GIRL
ROLL TIDE!